Thursday 13 June 2013

Fitting Side Windows

My driver either completes the work on me himself, or if he doesn't have the sufficient tools, he will take me to see his good friend Pete instead. After contemplating the fitting of side windows, my driver decided it was best if Pete did this because of the removal of the panel, and what tools would be needed to accomplish this quickly and effectively.

On Friday (21st June), my driver dropped me at Pete's garage, and then cycled the 30 miles that it is along the canal towpaths back to Stratford upon Avon.  I have since heard him say that this is not something he would do again! Apparently, the quality mountain bike he has bought has a seat like the edge of a plank and the canal towpaths are not as smooth running as British Waterways would have you believe.

Pete was ill on Saturday, so nothing was done on that day, instead he started to work on me Sunday morning, ready for my driver to collect me around 5pm on the afternoon.  Pete was asked to also fit the replacement side door which was bought off eBay because my door was dented in a "hit and run" on Washwood Heath Road, in the Alum Rock area of Birmingham a few months ago.

The dent in my side door.

So now I have two new side windows, and a door which is considerably less dented than my old one! Albeit my old door was in better condition. :-(

Interestingly whilst my driver was chatting with Pete, he found a fellow Geocacher! However whilst my driver and his girlfriend have only been at it a week, ????? has been at it for about 6 years!

More photos will be put up when I have been cleaned inside, which my driver will likely do tomorrow evening after coming home from work.  He won't do it tonight, as he is feeling a little high due to the fumes of the bonding agent filling the van.

The new side windows

I also have a new decal which will be put on once I've been resprayed, the respray is something to be decided on yet, as the colour and style need some thinking.  Most likely I will remain white, but with some sort of glitter in the paint to make it a bit more bespoke.  Thoughts, opinions...? Please use the comments box below.
The new decal for after the respray.

No comments:

Post a Comment